For any questions about CRAZY Candies and the use of the website, please check the list below.
If you can't find the answer to your question contact us with your query.
How do I order and pay?
We accept orders from customers worldwide, but we only accept payment in New Zealand dollars.
When you get to the checkout on our website, you have a few options to pay:
- By manual Bank Transfer: If you select this option you will need to log into your Internet Banking or your Bank's Phone App and make payment into our Bank account.
- By Amex, MasterCard or Visa Credit/Debit Cards (processed via Shopify Payments).
- For your convenience we also offer Google Pay, Apple Pay and Shop Pay.
After you have submitted your order through the website, you will receive an email with the total amount of the transaction. In the email you will also receive the bank account details for Crazy Candies and your Reference Number. Please include this number with your bank transfer, so we can allocate your payment.
Do you have a shop we can visit?
No, we sell online only.
How much does it cost for delivery?
The shipping cost will be calculated at the checkout based on the total weight of the items in your cart and your location. There are 3 zones for national shipping:
1) Taranaki - this is the area within 150km of our store which receives the lowest courier charges.
2) North Island - the rest of the North Island beyond 150km from our store. These rates are the same whether you live in Auckland, Wellington or any other part of the Island.
3) South Island - the entire South Island. Unfortunately we are charged more for delivery down south, so you will be charged more than those closer to our store.
We can ship to New Zealand Post Office boxes at the same cost as shipping to a non-rural NZ address.
Both NZ Post and Post Haste charge an additional surcharge for rural delivery and we pass that cost on to you. PLEASE SELECT RURAL DELIVERY IF YOU HAVE A RURAL ADDRESS. If we find that you have paid for non-rural delivery and your address is rural you will be contacted to pay the remaining amount before your items are shipped. This will delay the dispatch of your order.
We do not make any profit on shipping, in fact in many cases we subsidise a portion of the shipping cost to keep your costs to a minimum.
We do not require a Signature for our packages, but we don't take any responsibility for items which are lost or stolen after delivery has been made.
Can I pick my order up?
If you live in the New Plymouth area you can collect your order. You will need to order online through the website, where you can select 'Pick Up' as the Delivery Method. By selecting 'Pick Up' you won't have to pay any shipping fees and we will contact you when your order is ready to collect.
How long does it take for my delivery?
We use NZ Post and Post Haste Couriers for our delivery services. All delivery times, tracking and delivery services are per their operations and processes.
You should receive your order within 1-3 working days anywhere in New Zealand, with the exception of Promo Pack orders, which take around a week to process and then 1-3 days for delivery. Allow an extra day or two for rural delivery.
|Product / Location||Dispatch||Urban Delivery||Rural Delivery|
|All products except Promo Packs up to 25kg - North Island||All orders are processed at the end of each day and dispatched the following business day.||
Target: Overnight (but allow 1-2 days)
|Allow an additional 1-2 days|
|All products except Promo Packs up to 2kg - South Island||All orders are processed at the end of each day and dispatched the following business day.||Target: Overnight (but allow 1-2 days)||Allow an additional 1-2 days|
|All products except Promo Packs from 2kg to 25kg - South Island||All orders are processed at the end of each day and dispatched the following business day.||Target: 2 Days (but allow 3 days)||Allow an additional 1-2 days|
|Promo Packs||Allow 5-7 days for processing and dispatch.||
Target: Overnight (North Island)
Target: 2 Days (South Island)
|Allow an additional 1-2 days|
For deliveries to New Zealand customers, you will be provided with tracking details via email when your order is dispatched. Please check the tracking website for the whereabouts of your package - we are not the couriers and we have no more insight into your parcel's location than you do.
If we anticipate that there may be a delay in dispatching your order, we will advise you of the expected delivery time and give you the option to confirm or cancel the order.
Click here to keep up to date with our delivery partner’s service updates. Operational disruptions and unforeseen potential network issues may cause some delays in your order being delivered.
Australian orders are sent via NZ Post and use a semi-tracked service. The standard target delivery time to your door is between 3-6 business days from dispatch. However, due to reduced airfreight frequency and processing performance of delivery service providers, there are currently delays expected for most international deliveries. For up to date information on the current delivery target timeframes, please visit this page.
If your items have not been received within the timeframes mentioned above then please contact us so we can request an investigation from the Courier provider.
We will not be liable for any delays in the delivery of goods.
How do I know my stock is fresh?
We don't hold masses of stock sitting around in our shop, we order in fresh and rotate stock quickly....it's a winning formula.
At times we may find stock has hit Best Before dates, or close to...those items are put onto our Specials page and are clearly noted in the details if that is the case.
What ability do I have to return goods I am not happy with?
Since food products cannot be returned, and we do not refund for melting, please take care when placing an order and keep in mind the following (if you have any concerns or specific requirements, please email us before you place your order)
- Taste: Manufacturers sometimes change their recipes, and your taste buds change too.
- Colour: Some of our products are hand-made in batches and colour may vary. Colours may also look different from one computer monitor to the next and also Manufacturers change their products colours/textures and wrappers from time to time without warning.
- Brand Variance: Different brands of candy vary in consistency, texture, firmness, etc. So, the same types of candies made by different brands will not always taste the same (e.g., European-brand gummies tend to be harder than UK-brand gummies).
- Heat: If it is warm in your area, stay away from heat-sensitive items as we do not refund for melting! And always make sure someone is around to receive the package. We ask that you select a delivery address that is attended, e.g. a work address.
Of course, if we make any mistakes with your order, we will take full responsibility – just make sure that you contact us within 2 business days of receiving your order, as we cannot approve any requests for refunds/re-ships after such time.
A Note Regarding Bag Sizes
We encourage you to order the bag size closest to the amount of product you require e.g. if you need 500 g. of Jelly Beans, order 1 x 500 g. bag, not 5 x 100 g. bags. This is not only better for the environment, but it saves us time, allowing us to process your order faster, and it's also cheaper for you! Almost all of our products have a built-in discount for larger size bags.